Android programming with OpenGL ES 1.0
December 20, 2010 • • Software
So I’ve dived right into OpenGL on the Android platform with a few of my friends. Currently we’ve got the following working:
- almost completely OO (not encapsulated yet, for testing purposes and some of our code is temporarily placed where it shouldn’t be)
- using OpenGL ES 1.0
- proper cartesian plane, with -y at the bottom
- collision detection by Separating Axis Theorem(working on having them bounce back now)
- movement/rotation/scaling with inerpolation
- textures (currently 1, and planning on splitting into tileset)
- touch-based camera motion (it’s clamped right now, as in touching the very center of the screen returns camera to (0,0))
- programmer art tileset, complete with shitty, hand-drawn numbers
- a hot pink background color. I entered random values for the RGB values, ended up being pink. We looked up what hot pink was, adjusted the values. I don’t know why we haven’t changed it yet.
Expect to see more soon!