MineEscape is our entry for the RPI game dev club’s game jam on 10/27/2012.
Blog Posts: Page 2
This is the technical postmortem for the game I made earlier this weekend, “60 Sekonds to Save Boxopolis”. The game was made as an entry for a 24-hour game jam hosted by RPI’s game development club.
In this blog post I’m going to describe the state management system I’ve built for my most recent game, the reasoning behind my design choices, and most importantly the steps I took to build that system and the issues that pushed me to build a bigger system. I’ll start writing posts like this more often if I get a lot of positive feedback. Writing these posts is a win for everyone, since you guys get to skip the trial-and-error that I had to go through and I’ll get to look at my code in closer detail and try to improve it. Anyways, on to the post itself…
Now that I just moved to a new domain, I think it’s an excellent time to write a large post about everything I’ve been doing over the last year or so, and start writing regularly on this blog.
I’m working on a new project with a whole bunch of friends and I just tried implementing multitexturing for the terrain. When I first tested it, I had the texture weight values incorrectly calculated so that only the bottom third had positive values and it looked pretty cool so I snapped some screenshots of it. I’m not sure why everything above the textured areas are blue, but I’m guessing it has to do with transparency and the background color.